Pinvin is a village in Worcestershire, England. We’re just to the north of the town of Pershore, about 7 miles (11km) south-east of Worcester, and about 7 miles (11km) north-west of Evesham.
The name is derived from “Penda’s Fen”. Penda was the king of Mercia, the Anglo-Saxon kingdom in what is today the English Midlands.
We have a Church (St Nicholas), a Memorial Hall , three Schools (Pre-School, First & Middle Schools) the Coach & Horses Pub and the recently refurbished “Pinvin Local” Store.
Parts of the church are thought to date back to Anglo-Saxon times with some Norman restoration and additions. A plaque in the church lists the dead of the First World War and the front of the lectern is engraved with the name of those killed in World War II.
The Village Hall was built in 1926. After World War II a War Memorial was put on one of the walls and the hall was re-designated the Memorial Hall
The Pre-School is held in the Memorial Hall as are the meetings of the Parish Council and other groups in the village.
The hall is available to be booked for parties, receptions, club meetings and other events. Telephone Mrs Margaret Rowe (01386 554279) to check for availability and book the hall.